The Shepparton Albanian Moslem Society is seeking donations from the community to help with the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of our ageing mosque.
The first Albanian mosque was built in Shepparton. The first stone was laid in 1956 by Myrteza Adem and R. Sherif Islam, with the building opening in 1960. The mosque remains one of Shepparton’s most important buildings. It is an integral part of our migrant and social heritage, and is frequently visited by Muslims of all cultural backgrounds.
2015 has seen some substantial upgrades to the mosque, including new front and back fencing, new garden beds, exterior painting, and installation of an automatic sprinkler system. These upgrades were made possible thanks to generous donations from our community members.
Our wish list for 2016 includes creation of a community BBQ area, new car park area, rendering of external walls of the mosque and potentially, an extension of the mosque.
Any donations would be much appreciated. Let’s create something we can all be proud of.
We accept cash donations, or can provide bank account details if you’d prefer to donate via direct deposit.
For more information, contact the committee here.
Check out the gallery below for a look at some of our upgrades during the year.